Congratulations on your engagement. We love weddings at St. Wilfrid's!
You're welcome to marry in a church whatever your beliefs, whether or not you are baptised and whether or not you go to church.
St. Wilfrid’s Church offers a warm welcome to couples for Marriage Ceremonies throughout the year.
An engaged couple can apply to marry at one of the parish churches of St Wilfrid's, Ribchester if either of you can show just one of the 'qualifying connections' listed below:
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
If you have moved into our Parish, you’re immediately connected to us. There is no minimum time of residence.
Please contact our Parish Team well in advance ofyour preferred wedding date to discuss the options available to you.
A really helpful website, offering a wealth of information about marrying in a Church of England Church can be found at www.yourchurchwedding.org.
The Church of England offers a Service of Prayer and Dedication (also known as a Wedding Blessing) after Civil Marriage ceremonies.
Alternatively, the Thanksgiving for Marriage ceremony is often used by couples who wish to renew their wedding vows or to otherwise celebrate their marriage at various points along their journey - whether married overseas, married at a civil ceremony or to mark a special anniversary.